Looking for creative recipes for carrot snacks 🥕? You’re in the right place. Here are 14 ideas (and one recipe) in no particular order. BTW, share your idea in comments if you have one!
1. Carrot Hummus: Blend cooked carrots with chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, and olive oil to create a delicious and nutritious hummus.
2. Carrot Fries: Slice carrots into thin strips, toss with olive oil and seasonings (such as paprika and garlic powder), and bake in the oven until crispy.
3. Carrot Chips: Use a mandoline slicer to create thin, uniform slices of carrots, then bake in the oven until crispy. Season with salt or your favorite seasoning blend.
4. Carrot and Cream Cheese Pinwheels: Spread cream cheese on a tortilla, layer with shredded carrots and sliced green onions, then roll up and slice into pinwheels.
5. Carrot Cake Energy Balls: Blend carrots, dates, almonds, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a food processor until a dough forms. Roll into bite-sized balls and refrigerate until firm.
6. Carrot and Zucchini Fritters: Grate carrots and zucchini, mix with flour, eggs, and seasonings, then fry in a pan until crispy (jump to recipe below 🍳).
7. Carrot and Peanut Butter Dip: Blend cooked carrots with peanut butter, honey, and a pinch of salt to create a sweet and savory dip for sliced apples or crackers.
8. Carrot and Ginger Soup Shots: Blend cooked carrots with fresh ginger, coconut milk, and vegetable broth until smooth. Serve in shot glasses for a fun and flavorful appetizer.
9. Carrot and Date Salad: Toss shredded carrots with chopped dates, parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil for a sweet and tangy side dish.
10. Carrot and Goat Cheese Tartlets: Fill mini tart shells with a mixture of cooked carrots, crumbled goat cheese, and herbs, then bake until golden brown.
11. Carrot and Beetroot Chips: Thinly slice carrots and beetroot, toss with olive oil and sea salt, and bake in the oven until crispy.
12. Carrot and Cucumber Sushi Rolls: Fill sushi rolls with sliced carrots, cucumbers, avocado, and cooked shrimp or tofu for a healthy and delicious snack.
13. Carrot and Orange Smoothie: Blend cooked carrots with fresh orange juice, Greek yogurt, and honey for a refreshing and nutritious smoothie.
14. Carrot and Sweet Potato Chips with Dill Dip: Slice carrots and sweet potatoes into thin rounds, toss with olive oil and seasonings, and bake in the oven until crispy. Serve with a homemade dill dip made with Greek yogurt, fresh dill, garlic, and lemon juice.
Here’s that recipe for Carrot and Zucchini Fritters
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 medium zucchinis, grated
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the grated carrots and zucchinis.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper to the bowl and mix well.
- Add the beaten eggs and chopped parsley to the bowl and stir until well combined.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the skillet and flatten slightly with a spatula.
- Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the fritters from the skillet and drain on a paper towel.
- Repeat with the remaining batter until all of the fritters are cooked.
- Serve the fritters warm, garnished with additional chopped parsley if desired.